Tuesday, September 18, 2007

CMJ Wishlist

Still not sure if I'm hitting CMJ in NYC next month, but if I do, my schedule is starting to come together piece by piece, though there's still nothing earth-shattering which would make my decision for me. Thanks to Product Shop for keeping up to date with the CMJ listing.

(I'll probably keep updating this post as new shows become available, so if you're curious which sets I recommend for CMJ, keep checking back.)

Tuesday 10/15
???: The Rosebuds @ Bowery Ballroom

Wednesday 10/16
11pm: The Little Ones @ Mercury Lounge

Thursday 10/17

Friday 10/18
12am: The Broken West @ Mercury Lounge

Saturday 10/19
10pm: Georgie James @ Mercury Lounge

3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't Geoegie James a DC band? Can't you seem them, like, every other week down there?
Love what I've heard of their album.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Steve said...

They are indeed a DC band, but they're not playing here again until November. They did play the 9:30 Club last week, but it was part of some DCist (Gothamist's sister site) "Dance Party" night or some thing or other. This blogger doesn't dance, so there was no way I was going.

Anyway, the list is partially a list of who I'd want to see, and partially a list of bands who I think other people should check out. I just saw the Rosebuds last week, and I'm seeing the Broken West and the Whigs a week after CMJ, so, as I said, there's nothing announced so far that's gonna draw me up to NYC for CMJ. Yet.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger political common sense said...

great blog i have linked you to my blog, politics for idiots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home