Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Two New Maritime Songs

Milwaukee's Maritime will be releasing their third album, entitled Heresy and the Hotel Choir, on October 16th via Flameshovel Records. The album was produced by Stuart Sikes (White Stripes, Modest Mouse, Cat Power), and represents the band's first album without bassist Eric Axelrod (formerly of The Dismemberment Plan).

While I liked the band's first two albums, I never really got into them as much as the bandmembers' previous bands (D-Plan, The Promise Ring). From what I've heard of the new album, though, I think that's about to change.

Maritime has made two tracks from Heresy and the Hotel Choir available to the blog world, and I'm happy to post them here for your listening enjoyment. Both are excellent, but I'm really, really digging "For Science Fiction".

"Guns of Navarone"
"For Science Fiction"

The band claims that it will be touring "well into 2008", which is good, because based on these tunes, I can't wait to see them.

Hear more from Maritime at their MySpace page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home