Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Thought of the Day

So it's been a few months now, and I think I'm ready to answer the question: Will Wilco's licensing of numerous songs from Sky Blue Sky for use in Volkswagen commercials affect how much I like the album?

I'm confident that the answer to that is YES. I haven't listened to the album in over a month, and I'm sick of it. I don't even watch that much TV these days, but the few shows I happen to watch during the summer (Rescue Me, Damages, Psych) all run the ads constantly.

And, because the ads use 5 or 6 songs from the album, it's not like I'm only burned out on one or two songs. I'm burned out on pretty much the whole thing.

My only question is whether this would be the case without the ads. Maybe I'm just not as into the album as I thought I was. Dunno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home