Monday, August 13, 2007

Shins Playing Merriweather

...Yawn...

According to Brooklyn Vegan, The Shins are playing Merriweather Post Pavilion on Monday, October 22nd. I will not be in attendance. They're just not a good live band, and I really did not care for the last album. I might, repeat might, pay to see them play a small room (9:30 Club or smaller), but there's no chance I'm going to see them in a venue that holds 16,000+ people. (Speaking of which - how is this even possible for them to sell out? Does Merriweather have a smaller, indoor room? Who plays outdoors in late October?)

Slightly more interesting is the fact that the band is playing two nights at something called Terminal Five in New York. This appears to be the Bowery Presents' new 3000-person room in midtown which will compete with Roseland and Hammerstein. (Which again begs the question, if they only have 6,000 tickets in NYC, why play a 16,000 seat venue outside DC?)

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I too, was wondering why they would play Merriweather. I think they're doing it just for me. See, I'm having twins next month, and I love going to shows, and everyone knows you can't take a newborn to a show that's inside a smaller venue like 930. October 22nd also just so happens to be my daughter's 5th birthday, and she LOVES going to shows (she's been to recher, black cat, fletchers, all over Baltimore and DC! to see the Postmarks, Smoosh, Jenny Lewis, The Secret Machines, some local bands... you get it). Double bonus! Birthday + outdoors so we can take the babies + a fun band = Perfection? That's what it equates to for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home