Monday, August 20, 2007

Hold Steady and Art Brut Playing 9:30 Club

Great piece of news from Brooklyn Vegan today - The Hold Steady and Art Brut are touring together, and they're playing at the 9:30 Club on Tuesday, November 20th. I've missed the last few Hold Steady shows I was supposed to see, the most recent being last week's set in Prospect Park, so I'm happy to have another chance before they go off to record album #3. I'm not a huge Art Brut fan, but I've heard their live shows are fun.

Interestingly, for you folks in New York, this show is hitting the 3,000 person capacity Terminal 5. My question: Is this the first example of a show that really belongs at Webster Hall that's being unnecessarily bumped to Bowery Presents' new venue?

I'm no expert (or graphic designer for that matter), but if I had to guess, this show ain't gonna sell out. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home