Thursday, August 09, 2007

An Early Adieu

Things will probably be quiet around the Stew for the next few days. As I've been threatening for some time now, I am officially moving to Washington D.C. tomorrow. I'll be back in a week or so to catch The National at South Street Seaport, and to take care of some odds and ends around town, but for all intents and purposes tomorrow is the end of a mostly wonderful, sometimes not, but certainly always interesting 11 years in Manhattan. I'll be back often (seeing the Frames at Webster Hall, will likely be back for CMJ, etc.), and I may very possibly move back next summer. The D.C. thing is, luck willing, a one-year deal, and next year will either bring me back to New York or possibly Chicago. Or Akron.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who's made the last 11 years a ton of fun.

I'll leave you with an obvious song. I'll warn you that I don't tend to listen to lyrics much, and despite being in advanced placement English for many years, I was always terrible at reading and interpreting poetry. (I think I still have a copy of my interpretation of Keats' Ode on a Grecian Urn in a pop quiz from 12th grade where, because I simply had no idea what the hell it meant, I wrote 4 pages (double-spaced) on the restorative benefits of Grecian Formula and its ability to help get old guys laid. Seriously. My teacher made me retake the quiz. I think I got a B the second time around.) What I'm saying is that I have no real idea what the song is about, and I'm posting it simply because the title and overall tone of the song is appropriate. Enjoy.

R.E.M., "Leaving New York" (from Around the Sun)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home