Friday, August 17, 2007

Checking In From NYC

So I'm back in New York for the weekend. Man did I miss this town after only 5 days. Although it sucks living in an apartment with only an aerobed and a computer without WiFi. I'm spending my days (including now) sitting in Cosi using their free WiFi. Fun.

Anyway, wanted to drop a quick note to let folks know that The Golden City - the new band from Eric Richter, formerly of Christie Front Drive, Antarctica and The 101 - is playing this Sunday night at Fat Baby. I actually managed to catch their first ever show last night at the Charleston in Williamsburg. Good stuff. They're clearly very early in their time as a band, but the songs sound great, and they'll sound even better when they play somewhere other than the Charleston. :^) I've mentioned it before, but you can hear a few new songs from the band at their MySpace page.

Tonight is The National with Takka Takka and The Forms at South Street Seaport. Should be a complete and utter zoo. Looking forward to it. If you're going, be sure to get there early - Takka Takka has been putting on some great shows of late, and you won't want to miss them.

Edited to add: Due to unforeseen events, I'm actually gonna have to skip the National/Takka Takka show tonight. Oh well. I'll see the National in DC in 2 weeks anyway. Enjoy the show, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home