Thursday, August 02, 2007

Alkaline Trio Signs to Epic

Kings of A&R is reporting that the Alkaline Trio has signed with Epic Records. (Press release.)

Alkaline Trio is one of the few bands from my emo past (approx. 1996-2000) that I still listen to pretty regularly. Their first few albums are fantastic examples of late 90's emo, with loud guitars, catchy (but not bubblegum) songs, and a dark ok-I'll-say-it emotional edge. I'd probably take some heat from longtime fans, but my favorite disc from the band is still 2001's From Here to Infirmary. It's pretty regular jogging music for me.

Congrats to the band on the deal. While I thought the band hit a bit of a lull with Good Mourning, their last disc, Crimson, was pretty damn good, so I'll be interested to see what their next album sounds like.

My only suggestion? Don't overthink things. Don't go crazy with gadgets and production. Write the same quality songs you've been writing for a decade and stay true to 'em.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home