Monday, July 23, 2007

Spinner Roundup (July 24 releases)

Spinner has a number of interesting new releases this week. Other than Josh Rouse, not much of it is up my alley, but it's always good to try to expand one's musical boundaries. Especially when there are Canadian lesbians involved.

UNKLE, War Stories
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Is Is
Tegan & Sara, The Con
John Vanderslice, Emerald City (the world of indie musicians loves this guy, but I've never gotten into him)
Portugal. The Man, Church Mouth
Josh Rouse, Country Mouse, City House

And, for what seems like the 5th weekend in a row, they also have the new Matthew Dear album, Asa, up as well. I'm not linking to it because the whole push behind this album seems way too calculated and, frankly, I don't like what I've heard from it. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home