Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ryan Adams Add More Dates (Including DC)

Despite the fact that I didn't love his recent show at the Hiro Ballroom here in New York, I admit it - I'm a sucker for Ryan Adams. I'll go to pretty much any show of his, buy any album, etc. When a man can make albums like Strangers Almanac and Heartbreaker, he pretty much earns my allegiance for life. Even if he did write a song about Britney Spears.

Pitchfork is reporting that Ryan has added a slew of dates that will keep him on the road from now until the beginning of December. Half of these shows are international, half are in the U.S.

Notable dates (to me):

9/22: Ann Arbor, MI @ Michigan Theater (I may be there for the UM-Penn State game that day. Go Blue!)
10/30: Washington DC @ DAR Constitution Hall

No New York date as of now, but there's 10 open nights right after DC, so you can probably expect a couple of dates thrown in there.

The weird thing about my possibly seeing Ryan in Michigan? It will be the first time I've seen a band at the Michigan Theater since I saw... ahem... The Samples there in 1994. (Yep, that's probably the most shameful musical secret of my life, and I just admitted it to you. You should feel honored.)

[Thanks to Sal for bringing the shows to my attention!]

4 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the Samples are the skeleton in your closet, you can keep your chin up.

I keep hush hush that I saw Billy Joel in concert.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Steve said...

There was also that Poison / Tesla show I saw in 1987. My first ever concert. But that one I wear like a badge of honor.

I'd be much more disappointed in you if you told me you went to one of those Billy Joel / Elton John shows.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How's this for a skeleton, then: I was actually a street teamer for The Samples circa 1992, hanging up flyers for their shows in Durham-Chapel Hill. In my defense, I'm from Colorado, but, still, I find it baffling now that at the same time I was listening to Pavement, Archers, Chunk and all the great 80s indie I'd grown up with, I was still listening to "Nature." It's all around you, ya know?

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Steve said...

You sicken and disgust me.

;^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home