Saturday, July 28, 2007

Packing Music

Spending the afternoon doing some packing in anticipation of the big move (T-minus 13 days) and just rediscovered, thanks to the iTunes shuffle function, the recent Big Star tribute album. I'd completely forgotten about it, despite the fact that it includes covers by The Afghan Whigs, Juliana Hatfield, Matthew Sweet, The Posies, Teenage Fanclub, Whiskeytown and Wilco. Seriously, you're not gonna find a better lineup than that.

Anyway, I figured I'd post my favorite song the disc for your listening pleasure. Reminds me just how much I miss Whiskeytown.
Whiskeytown, "Give Me Another Chance"

Edited to add: Listening to the CD again, I think I'm changing my mind. The Afghan Whigs' version of "Nightime" may just be the best song on the disc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home