Thursday, July 26, 2007

My First Weekend in DC

My first weekend in DC will be the weekend of August 11th. Unfortunately, that means I've got to skip both The Thermals at Maxwell's as well as the Thermals/Ted Leo show at McCarren Pool that weekend. Doh.

Luckily, there are two great shows in DC that weekend that I'm going to be able to catch.

First, on Saturday, 8/11, is Takka Takka with White Rabbits and The Cribs at the Black Cat. Honestly, I kinda detest The Cribs (especially that awful "Hey Scenesters" song), but the other two bands are cool.

Second, on Sunday, 8/12, is a comedy show with Eugene Mirman (i.e., the Conchordes' Mr. Furley), Leo Allen and Larry Murphy at Rock and Roll Hotel.

To be honest, comedy is one of the things that I'm concerned about missing down in DC. There's a fantastic group of comedians in New York these days (Mirman, Aziz, John Oliver, Demetri Martin, Kristen Schaal, etc. etc.), and it's nice to know that you can catch them around town pretty regularly. Plus there's always the old standby of The Comedy Cellar, where you never know who might show up. I'm hoping that DC benefits from its relative closeness to New York and gets regular visits from some of these folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home