Friday, July 20, 2007

Marc Olson in D.C. on September 6th

Marc Olson (formerly of The Jayhawks) is playing two shows in the D.C. area on Thursday, September 6th. The first is a free in-store set at the Borders at 18th and L at 12:30pm, and the second is a full set with The Last Town Chorus that night at Iota. I'll certainly be at one of these.

Three other quick notes about Iota:

(1) The excellent Vandaveer is playing there on Thursday, August 9th opening for Joan As Policewoman. Luckily, I may just be in town then to pick up my keys to my new apartment.

(2) Jimmie's Chicken Shack is playing there on Friday, August 3rd. These guys were playing all over the D.C. area back when I first lived there in the summer of 1996. I don't think I've heard of (let alone thought of) them since.

(3) Am I correct that Iota doesn't sell advance tickets for anything? Every show is first come/first served? Is this as problematic as it sounds when bigger bands play there? (E.g., I know The Frames played there a year or so ago.)

2 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Abz said...

hahaha i showed up to my first jimmy eat world show back in the day because i thought i was going to a jimmie's chicken shack gig. boy was i suprised....

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Looking back, that may have been one of the luckiest days of your life. :^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home