Monday, June 18, 2007

Odds and Ends

A few interesting things that have been going on over the last few days:

While I'm still in Cincinnati, I ran over to the wonderful Shake It Records today. Picked up the recent Hold Steady live Fingerprints disc, the new Josh Rouse EP, and the new Wussy EP. Strangely enough, about 30 seconds after picking up the Wussy EP, I noticed that the store was playing some Wussy that I didn't recognize. I asked them if it was the band's new album, and in fact it was. And that's when I noticed Chuck Cleaver standing about 3 feet away from me. Very cool. The new album sounds fantastic. It should be available in August.

Speaking of Josh Rouse, his new full-length LP, Country Mouse, City House, comes out on July 31st. It can be pre-ordered here. The page also has 6 song snippets you can listen to. Sounds about like what you'd expect, which is fine by me.

I just discovered this morning that John Roderick of The Long Winters was blogging Bonnaroo for MSNBC. He has some interesting insights, but his entries are significantly shorter than last year.

Wheat has released a video for the excellent "Little White Dove" from its new album.

Finally, check out some live Dinosaur Jr.:

Bradley's Almanac has the band's performance at Urban Outfitters in Boston last week.

NYCTaper has audio from the band's first night at Irving Plaza a couple of weeks ago. (He's also going to be recording the Sonic Youth Daydream Nation show at McCarren, so keep your eyes on his site.)

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger nyctaper said...

Thanks for the link. Nice site you have here. See you at the shows!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home