Saturday, June 23, 2007

New Earlimart

So the new Earlimart album, Mentor Tormentor, has leaked, and it's fantastic. I've listened to it three times already today, and I like it more with each listen. The album is officially released on August 21st via Majordomo Records, an imprint formed as a partnership between the band and Shout! Factory (the fine folks who brought us the Freaks and Geeks DVD set). I'll post pre-order info as soon as it becomes available.

You can hear two songs from the album, "Nevermind the Phonecalls" and "Don't Think About Me", at the band's MySpace page. My personal favorite song on the album (so far) is "The Little Things". I don't feel comfortable posting pre-release MP3s, and certainly not this far in advance of the album, but if I see that the band is OK with it, I'll post it at some point.

The band currently has three dates on it's schedule.

8/23: San Francisco (Cafe Du Nord)
8/28: New York (Joe's Pub)
8/30: Chicago (Schuba's)

I'll either be at Joe's Pub or Schuba's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home