Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Meet Sonific

Hypebot, one of the best music industry blogs around, had an interesting post this afternoon about Sonific. Sonific provides a free widget that allows you to stream songs from more than 41,000 artists and labels and over 65,000 albums. Their widget is designed to work on just about any platform, from social networking sites to blogs and beyond, and has a growing library of songs to choose from.

While I'm not exactly sure how they're going to make money (a combination of advertising and bounties from track sales, I would guess), especially if they get hit with the new webcasting royalty rates, I'm always happy to see interesting new tools for discovering music.

Here's the Sonific widget, with a song by one of my favorite bands of recent years (and now sadly disbanded), Scotland's The Delgados.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Kimmo said...

Hi Steve!
I'm working with Sonific and therefore found your blog with my Google Alert. Thanks for the positive review, and keep up the good work; there's a lot of interesting stuff here!
Kimmo

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Kimmo-

Thanks for posting. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on Sonific - especially since it makes it easier for me to post songs on the blog.

-Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home