Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Whigs News and Videos

I guess I would have discovered this if I'd managed to catch The Whigs at South By Southwest like I wanted to, but apparently bassist/keyboardist Hank Sullivant left the band at the end of last year and has been replaced - at least temporarily - by Sam Gunn of the band Iron Hero. (Via Wikipedia.) That's too bad, as I found Hank to be a pretty damn good bassist with a ton of energy.

Nonetheless, from what I can tell from these videos of the band from SXSW (from Rolling Stone), their live show doesn't seem to have lost a step:

"Technology"

"Violet Furs"

"Nothing is Easy"

"Half the World Away"

If you're going to Bonnaroo next week, be sure to check them out!

1 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was def upset to hear about hank abandoning the boys, but i've seen them twice since with sam and he too is amazing. i didn't think it would come to this, but i now find them to be a perfect trio again.

sooo excited for bonnaroo, they have two sets!! wooooot!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home