Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tuesday Odds and Ends

A few interesting things from around the web this afternoon:

Wilco's recent set from Sydney, Australia is now available for streaming over at the band's website. Additionally, the band has made its new album, Sky Blue Sky, available for streaming again. Go here and click on the bird. Sky Blue Sky comes out on May 15th and is available for pre-order.

Bob Dylan is playing Jones Beach on Friday, June 29th. There's a pre-sale going on now, and the regular on-sale date is Saturday at 10am. After my last Dylan experience at Hammerstein, where I didn't see the man's face once during the entire show, and was lucky to see his hair a couple of times, due to the ridiculously low level of the stage, I think I'm sitting this one out. Besides, I'm unemployed now -- I gotta show some kind of financial restraint.

Vandaveer played a fantastic Lounge Act over at WOXY.com today. Check it out. If you haven't heard them yet, I recommend you check them out -- their new Grace and Speed album is one of my favorites of the year so far.

Vandaveer, "However Many Takes It Takes"

Empyrean Records is now shipping the new Wheat album, entitled Everyday I Said a Prayer for Kathy and Made a One Ince Square. You can order it here. The album is officially released on May 22nd.

That's all I got right now. About to head out to catch a preview of Glen Hansard's new movie, Once. Will report back later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home