Friday, May 25, 2007

The Thanks We Get

As a "thank you" to their fans for making Sky Blue Sky the #4 album in America last week (and #7 in Norway, #9 in Canada, and top 40 in Sweden, Germany, Spain, Ireland and the UK), Wilco has released the studio version of their song "The Thanks I Get". The song has been a live staple for the past few years, and the band even played in on their Tonight Show appearance last year. I was surprised it didn't make it onto SBS, but the band has explained that the song was actually written for use by Solomon Burke on his forthcoming album. Either way, I'm glad to finally have a studio version from Wilco.

Wilco, "The Thanks I Get"

Edited to add: Well, links to this site from both Brooklyn Vegan and New York Magazine (thanks, guys!) did a bit of a number on my bandwidth. I think I've fixed it now, but if you have a problem downloading the song, your best bet is to click on the song title (not the play button) and then hit Refresh on your browser. The play button still isn't working for some reason, though...

3 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this! Just as you said, I'm bummed that this wasn't included on SKy Blue Sky.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Thanks for the heads-up.

Ya know, I heard this song in a VW (Rabbit? Golf?) commercial this week. Surprised me.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

There is a whole VW ad campaign using Wilco tunes. There are at least 2 other ads with wilco songs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home