Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Siren Lineup Is Out

The initial lineup for this year's Siren Festival is out:

New York Dolls
We Are Scientists
Matt and Kim
The Black Lips
Dr. Dog
Lavender Diamond
The Detroit Cobras
Elvis Perkins
The Twilight Sad


Interesting... not great, but not bad either. I always like seeing the Dolls, and Elvis Perkins and his band put on an excellent show. I'd also like to check out The Twilight Sad and The Black Lips live. I'm kinda so-so on everyone else, except for Lavender Diamond, who I really, really don't like.

The good news is that Siren always adds more bands as it gets closer (they have 2 stages to fill for 8 hours or so each). Assuming that one or two more interesting bands get added, this just might be the year that I return to Siren. (I haven't been since the inaugural show with Guided By Voices and Superchunk.)

In case you don't have it in your calendar yet, the seventh annual Siren Festival will be held on Saturday, July 21st at Coney Island, NYC. You can get more info here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home