Saturday, April 07, 2007

Who Knew Ray Stevens Was Indie?

When I'm wasting time at work or home -- and let's be honest here, that's a lot -- I bounce around a million music sites looking for interesting new music, news or the like. That's what led me to create this little blog last year (yeah, I pretty much ignored the one-year anniversary... woo hoo). And, aside from discovering a great new band, one of my favorite things to do is pick up on little things that might escape the average person.

So I was tickled pink today when I discovered a Glaswegian band called 1990's. Not because they're particularly good -- they're not. But because it's not often that you find a modern rock band with a guitar part that sounds like it was ripped directly from a Ray Stevens song. Let's go to the video:



Listen for the guitar part at the very beginning. You can hear it again, a little cleaner, at the 0:48 mark through about 1:03 (or, if your viewer counts down, go to 2:12), and again at the end starting at 2:42.

Then listen to this and tell me you don't hear the exact same damn guitar part ripped from the theme song to the greatest movie of all time.

Case closed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home