Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Catching Up With Something Gone

I've been pretty out of it musically for the last month or so, given that I was running around like crazy trying to tie things up at work before retiring to my current life of leisure. Today is actually the first day I've had since I quit last Friday to sit down and start catching up on the huge backlog of unread posts (more than 800) on my favorite blogs. It's not even 9am yet here in New York, and I've already found a ton of great stuff. God I love retirement.

Citizens Here and Abroad, "In The Dark". Just heard this band for the first time on WOXY about an hour ago. Good stuff. This tune is off their latest album, Waving, Not Drowning [BUY].

Eskimohunter, "Walking Tour Of Space". Heard this one over at Rock Insider a few weeks ago, but forgot to post it at the time. Definitely need to pick up their EP, Musical Snowglobe Machine [BUY].

Jay Bennett, Daytrotter Session. Thanks to Six Eyes for pointing this one out -- I always forget to keep up with Daytrotter. I never did get around to picking up Jay's last album, The Magnificent Defeat [BUY], but if "Fifth Grade" is any indication of how good the album is, I'll be getting it this afternoon.

Pela, "Lost To The Lonesome". WOXY started playing these guys a year or two ago, but I never got into their earlier stuff. This tune is off of their new album, Anytown Graffiti [BUY], and I'm really liking it.

I don't want to deep-link, but be sure to head over to Six Eyes to hear an excellent track from The Child Ballads, the current band of Stewart Lupton (former lead singer of Jonathan Fire*Eater).

Finally, if you're looking for something to listen to for the rest of the day, go hit up My Old Kentucky Blog's Blog Radio Sessions archive. For some reason I haven't been keeping up with MOKB lately, so I had no idea they'd been doing this. I've clearly been missing out.

David Vandervelde
The Whigs
The Broken West
Margot & the Nuclear So and Sos
Birdmonster
Josh Rouse

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more I listen to that Pela disc, the more I dig it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home