Saturday, April 21, 2007

Bob Pollard, Man-Genius

One of the many things that I missed over the last month, as I was going crazy trying to wind down my affairs as a lawyer, was news of Robert Pollard's new mini-LP, Silverfish Trivia. The 7-track, 22 minute disc comes out this Tuesday, April 24th, and is available for pre-order now. The lead track, "Circle Saw Boys Club", is making the rounds, and it's damn good if I say so myself. Very late-period "mature" GBV sounding (think Isolation Drills' more subdued moments). Check it out:

"Circle Saw Boys Club"

Full tracklisting

Come Outside (instrumental)
Circle Saw Boys Club
Wickerman Smile
Touched To Be Sure
Waves, Etc.
Cats Love A Parade
Speak In Many Colors (instrumental)

Will we see Bob tour on this one? I know he made noises last year about being done with touring, but I'd really love to see him do some smaller, more intimate shows with just him and a guitarist. Tommy? Doug? Toby? I'd be happy with any of 'em. If Bob wants the fans to drop expectations of an old-time GBV show, he should change things up on stage a bit. If I see Bob on stage with two guitarists, a bassist and a drummer, I expect the rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home