Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Is This The Official Version of "Better"?

Not sure how I missed this yesterday, but Idolator is reporting that the final version of the new Guns n' Roses song, "Better" -- from Chinese Democracy, of course -- has leaked. You can hear it here.

Gotta say, I liked the leaked version from last year more. This version is too polished -- Axl's vocals are a little too rounded out (not as raw as last year's leak), the first guitar solo doesn't kill like it used to (Axl had new guitarist Bumblefoot re-record Buckethead's parts), and Axl for some reason decided to add some atrocious keyboard bubble-like effects to last minute or so of the song.. And Axl's vocals are just a tad too high in the mix.

That said, the song is still damn good. I just hope Axl didn't diminish a great album by tinkering with it too much.

If I didn't think that my ass would get a cease and desist, I'd post the old version for you to compare and contrast. With 2 months (or so) left in my legal career, now ain't the time I want to get myself disbarred.

Edited to add: Looks like the track has been pulled, sorry. Also, the band announced today that the previously mentioned March 6th release date has, of course, been pushed. The good news? The band claims to still be mixing the album, so MAYBE that wasn't the final version of "Better" after all. Which would be a good thing.

1 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

another classic from my chemical romance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home