Friday, February 16, 2007

Introducing Other Ephemera

If you've read this blog with any regularity, and I know there's at least 3 of you (thanks Mom, Grandma and Chuck Wagner!), you've probably seen numerous shout-outs to my friend Matt, who is often the source of many of the news bits I put here on the site.

What you may not know -- and seriously, why the hell would you? -- is that Matt has a graduate degree from Columbia's School of Journalism, and is one of the finer writers I know. Unfortunately for the reading public, though, he also has an MBA from a damn fine B-school, and spends his days making the world a safer place for capitalism. (Don't we all?) So for the past few years, at least as far as I know, his music writing has been limited to his annual, gargantuan, amazingly witty and well-written "Annual Best Of" lists.

Well, that's all changing, because Matt went and got himself a blog. It's called Other Ephemera, and I strongly suggest you go check it out. And, wouldn't you know it, his inaugural post is his Annual Best Of list for 2006. While I can't agree that breath-voice put out the best album of the year, I think we can all agree that it's a damn fine list.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Matt has in store for us in the future. Best of luck, brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home