Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Couple Show Notes

Just a few quick interesting things...

You've probably already heard about the rumored Ted Leo and the Pharmacists show at Mercury next Sunday (2/26). If not, well, now you have.

David Vandervelde is playing two NYC shows at the end of the month. On Monday the 26th he's at Union Hall in Brooklyn, and on Tuesday the 27th he's at Pianos at 8pm (Sam Champion is headlining). There don't appear to be advance tickets for the Pianos show.

Louisville's The Scourge of the Sea, modern indie rock's answer to James Taylor, is playing Mercury Lounge on Wednesday, March 14th (Thx to Battering Room). While I'd like to see them, my ass will be in Austin.

And, if you're not seeing Sonic Youth tomorrow night -- and I'm not -- head over to Union Hall to catch The Battering Room's latest Knockout! show, with Johan, Sure Juror, the Muggabears and the Antlers. If I can bring myself to venture out Brooklyn-way, I just may be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home