Saturday, January 20, 2007

Random Bits

Finally having a chance to bounce around the web and try to catch up on the world. Here's some of the highlights of my efforts:

Ain't It Cool News reviews the new movie starring Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. Hope this one makes it to the States.

Bob Pollard's contract with Merge Records is up. Is he moving to Mike Patton's Ipecac label? The official line seems to be that this is just for his Circus Devils releases, but who knows...

The Broken West were SPIN's Band of the Day on Wednesday.

Portastatic played NPR's World Cafe this week.

I never did listen to Wilco's show at the 9:30 Club in November. Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Odds are good I'll be seeing a lot more shows at the 9:30 Club in the near future.

KEXP has archived recent in-studio sets from Gob Iron, The Dears and The Lemonheads, among others.

More soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home