Thursday, January 11, 2007

Initial SXSW Lineup Thoughts... Not So Good

If you didn't see it, Austinist has done some digging and put together a list of 160 bands that appear to be playing this year's SXSW. I gotta say, I'm not too impressed so far. I hope there are some additions to this list, or I may have to make 2008 the first year I go to SXSW instead...

This is the paltry list of bands I'd want to see at the moment:

Apollo Sunshine
Bloc Party
Cold War Kids
Hazey Janes
High Dials
Interpol
Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter
Kristoffer Ragnstam
Margot and the Nuclear So And Sos
My Latest Novel
Okkervil River
Scissor Sisters (kidding)
The Frames
The Stooges
Voxtrot

I gotta assume that the Broken West will be on this list too, but still... Papa needs more bands.

2 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

160 down, about 2,000 to go. Judging by last year, it is very, very early in the band list. The official schedule is out in February, then you have to include a few hundred more bands that play only the day shows, not any of the official things. I'm not exaggerating when I say that last year approximately 80% of the band's on tour in March and April also played SXSW.

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, after 5 years I just buy my badge and assume there will be plenty to enjoy. It hasn't let me down yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home