Friday, January 12, 2007

If I Don't Realize a Show Has Been Scheduled, Does It Actually Exist?

As you may have noticed, I've been pretty out-of-the-loop for last month and a half or so. Unfortunately, in my efforts to keep up with work and not get myself fired, I ended up leting several things slip -- missed phone calls from friends, missed concerts, and, worst of all, not spending time keeping up with my various duties to this here blog. The worst part about the whole thing is the fact that I somehow managed to completely stop looking at Ticketweb to see what new shows were being announced. (In normal circumstances, I check Ticketweb at least once a day.)

However, despite the fact that I went more than 3 weeks without buying a ticket to a concert, I only managed to completely miss out on one show -- Peter Bjorn and John. Every other new show of interest is, amazingly, not yet sold out. (Did the indie craze of late-2006 already end? Weren't all the indie shows selling out in like 30 minutes just a couple of months ago?) In some ways that's a good thing, and in others -- i.e., given than I'm trying to save money for my post-law career -- it's not so good that there are 20 different shows I want to buy tickets for.

So I've got some decisions to make. Here are the contenders:

Fri., 1/26: Deerhoof (Irving)
Wed., 1/31: Ra Ra Riot, Born Ruffians (Mercury)
Sat., 2/3: The Avengers, Hot One (feat. Nathan Larson and Kevin March) (Bowery)
Fri., 2/9: Midlake (Bowery)
Sat., 2/10: PLUG Awards - Stephen Malkmus, Silversun Pickups, Deerhoof, Tokyo Police Squad, David Cross (Irving)
Sat., 2/10: Lifetime (Bowery)
Fri., 2/16: Sonic Youth (Webster)
Wed., 2/21: Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, Chin Up Chin Up (Mercury)
Thurs., 2/22: Stellastarr (Gramery Theatre)
Fri., 2/23: Lemonheads (Southpaw)
Wed., 2/28: Sparklehorse, Jesse Sykes (Webster)
Tues., 3/6: Grizzly Bear (Bowery)
Wed., 3/7: Grizzly Bear (Bowery)
Tues., 3/20: Explosions in the Sky (Webster)
Tues., 3/27: Robyn Hitchcock (Knitting Factory)
Wed., 3/28: Robyn Hitchcock (KF)
Fri., 3/30: The Long Winters (Maxwell's)
Sat., 3/31: Sebadoh (Webster)
Fri., 4/6: Low (Webster)
Thurs., 4/19: Elvis Perkins (Union Hall)

In my younger days, I'd likely have bought tickets to just about all of these shows. At best I'll probably end up at 3 or 4 of these...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home