Friday, December 08, 2006

WOXY Update

Two big holiday announcements from the good folks over at WOXY.com.

First, they've announced that the twenty-third consecutive 97 Best Countdown will take place starting on Thursday, December 21st at 10am. I've been listening to these shows since the early 90's, and they're always a good time. In fact, back in high school I used to use their list (which was reprinted in Cincinnati's weekly Everybody's News paper) as a guide for what I needed to buy. Be sure to head over and hear some music you might have missed this year.

Second, they've announced that the new, second WOXY stream is finally up and running. I assume it will eventually be used for the WOXY Vintage channel, but from now until Christmas, you can go here and listen to the WOXY Holiday Mixer. The Holiday Mixer will be playing "vintage renditions of your holiday favorites by modern rockers from around the globe," including Sufjan Stevens, Aimee Mann, Over The Rhine, The Teenage Prayers and, of course, Spinal Tap. Can't say I need to hear much more in the way of holiday songs this year, but if I do, this will be the place I do it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home