Thursday, November 09, 2006

Odds and Ends

It sure seems like most of the indie music world is suffering from post-CMJ doldrums. I know I am. A few interesting things have slipped through the cracks this week, though, so check 'em out:

Stereogum has a new acoustic track from Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. I'm really digging what I'm hearing from this band, and am regretting skipping them when they were in town a month or two back with Catfish Haven and Birdmonster.

I Am Fuel, You Are Friends has yet another new Ryan Adams track, which you can also listen to at his website. What's doin' with his voice?

Can You See The Sunset From the South Side? has three tracks from an interesting Canadian band called Turnstiles. Not bad. The first song is essentially a Grandaddy rip-off, though.

Pitchfork has two acoustic tracks from Grizzly Bear.

My Old Kentucky Blog has a few tracks from recent buzz band O'death. I'm gonna have to catch these guys the next time they play in NYC.

Idolator has new tracks from The Evens (I just got the disc last night. Heard good things so far.)

And, last but not least, Idolator brings us news that the Bob Dylan musical it is a closin'. Ha ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home