Monday, November 20, 2006

The Manhattan Love Suicides

Well, WOXY's done it again. They've introduced me to yet another band I'd never heard of, and one that just may be my new favorite band - The Manhattan Love Suicides.

The band's label, Squirrel Records, pretty much hits the nail on the head with its description of the band: Fuzzed up, black clad, feedback, lo-fi female fronted pop brilliance. Think Guided by Voices, Jesus and Mary Chain, and Velvet Underground, all mixed up.

Check out this this SeeqPod playlist to hear a couple songs from the band, including the excellent "Things You've Never Done", as well as a few comparable bands that Matt mentions in the comment section (Shop Assistants, The Flatmates and Heavenly).

You can also hear more from the band at their MySpace page.

The Manhattan Love Suicides' self-titled debut album comes out next Tuesday, November 28th on Magic Marker Records in the US. Matt points out that it can be pre-ordered here.

5 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, great discovery. Telling you, man, you are becoming a full-fledged indie pop fanatic. This reminds me very much of the Shop Assistants, Heavenly, The Flatmates, et. al., and in my book that's a very, very good thing.

Definitely grabbing this one when it comes out.

Now go buy yourself an anorak.

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pre-Order:

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000J3Q0MK/ref=pd_rvi_gw_1/103-1555053-2967828

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oreder now:
www.magicmarkerrecords.com

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now Magic Marker has a 'one - two' punch with The Manhattan Love Suicides and Tullycraft!

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i´m Matias From Buenos Aires , Argentina.
I´m was very afraid to waste my money in this Guide of rich jerk. Sorry for my Bad english , but you will see i´m a latin american guy.

Let me tell you my story.

so i work in a health american company here in Argentina i have a good salary and i can reach the corporation stairs . But two month ago i notice that i m working always more and more, so i working for the money , and have no time to my family and my studies. I was upset with my situation So i have to find the way to not work for money ,to money work for me.

And i investigate so i reach this website, i bought the guide and of course the access to this forum, i make my website and upload three days ago,
www.millondollarwords.com , of course i register to Commision junction and another staff, and i copy text of richjerkwebiste and promote their guide.
I put adwords and adsense on it.

But well Yesterday i got my first commision sale my goal is to have $100 dollar /day and for the next year to made my own guide and make an affiliate program just like rich jerk.

Of course with adsense i did´nt make a lot of money yet because google have to actualize my website , and make some pagerank.

and i get my traffic with adwords. with two compaing one with keyword targeret and another with site targeret.

Yesterday in my second day , i have 19 visits, and with some days online i make one sale. Wow.
Please look at my site and give me yours opinions
www.millondollarwords.com

And if anybody want to change links let me know .

Make money online with website is easy , just you have to know some things, that what richjerk guide teachs you.
you have to aplicate the strategies .

A dificult thing i how to configure adwords , you have to try , i´m trying to do my best to my site, to generate traffic , with the less money .

see ya

Matias

 

Post a Comment

<< Home