Thursday, November 02, 2006

CMJ Wednesday, Evening Edition

Crap I'm tired.

The Whigs @ Mercury Lounge

Another excellent, energetic show from the boys from Athens. This is the 5th or 6th time I've seen them this year. I've never been disappointed.



Laura Cantrell @ Southpaw

Second time I've seen Laura. That's Mark Spencer of The Blood Oranges playing with her. Laura's got a great voice, but I'm not a huge fan of her music (or the covers she plays). That said, she's very, very hot, and I want to touch the heinie.



Alison Moorer @ Southpaw

Alison's got an even better voice than Laura's, but I like her music even less. Also, I want to touch her heinie more. Unfortunately, her husband, Steve Earle, would probably kick my ass if I did.



Steve Earle @ Southpaw

The aforementioned Steve Earle. It was great to see him in such a small, intimate room. The last time I saw him was at the Beacon Theater, which holds about 2,800 people. Southpaw holds significantly less. (They claim 450, but I highly doubt that, unless you include the downstairs bar.) I just wish the crowd hadn't sucked as much as it did - truly awful.

No desire whatsoever to touch Steve's heinie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home