Friday, November 03, 2006

CMJ Thursday

Another quick update. Hopefully I'll do a fuller recap when the weekend is over. Right now, my ass just needs to sleep.

Apples In Stereo @ White Rabbit (Gothamist Party)



Fantastic set. I was never a huge fan of the Apples during their first run, and only started getting into them during their "hiatus" of the last few years. Truth be told, though, my favorite thing that lead singer Robert Schneider has done is his album under the Ulysses moniker. That might be changing, however. The band played 6 songs from their forthcoming album, and each one was better than the last. This album just joined my "most anticipated" list for next year.

Darker My Love @ Pianos (Dangerbird Records showcase)

My first real "find" of the week. This band completely destroyed me. Think Mudhoney, the Stooges, and a little Ride thrown in for good measure. Loud and pummeling. I need to hear more.



La Rocca @ Pianos (Dangerbird Records showcase)

Another great show from La Rocca. This band needs to get huge. I don't say that of many bands I like, but they've got a sound that really ought to resonate with a lot of people. If Coldplay can sell millions, certainly these guys can go gold.



Silversun Pickups @ Pianos (Dangerbird Records showcase)

As always, another great set from SSPU. As it gets closer and closer to 2007, Carnavas keeps inching closer to the top of my yearly list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home