Wednesday, October 25, 2006

WFMU Record Fair = During CMJ

In what can only be described as a stupid, stupid move, this year's autumn WFMU Record and CD Fair will be held smack in the middle of CMJ. Maybe they think there will be a lot of people in town for CMJ who will also want to hit the fair? Doubtful. Speaking for myself, if I have an afternoon free during CMJ, I'm gonna go to an afternoon showcase rather than a used CD fair. I assume most people would think the same way, though maybe I'm wrong.

Details

WFMU Record and CD Fair
Metropolitan Pavilion
125 West 18th St. (b/w 6th and 7th Aves.)
Fri., 11/3: 7pm-10pm
Sat., 11/4: 10am-7pm
Sun., 11/5: 10am-7pm
Website

Tickets are $6 at the door, or if you are a "desperate collector" (their word, not mine), you can buy a $20 advance ticket to get in before the general public on Friday afternoon between 4pm-7pm.

Guess I could try to make it on Sat. morning... alternatively, they're showing the Minutemen documentary on Sunday afternoon, so that's a possibility too.

(Thanks to Brooklyn Vegan for the head's up.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home