Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Taste of CMJ (and Storage Site Test #2)

One of the bands that I really want to catch during CMJ this year is Louisville's De Novo Dahl. I first heard them a couple years ago on, what else, WOXY. Based on the strength of the band's Lounge Act performance, I picked up a copy of their first album, Cats and Kittens. That album definitely had it's moments, but was way too long, and included a second disc of dance-y remixes which I pretty much hated.

Soon thereafter, the band pretty much disappeared off my radar (they apparently went through a pretty big lineup change). Recently, however, I've been seeing their name more and more, and things seem to be picking up for the band again. They even have three new songs streaming on their website, which are quite good. My favorite of the new songs:

"Shout"

And here's a couple of my favorite songs off of Cats and Kittens [BUY]. I'm trying yet another file storage site - this time, AOL's XDrive. Their user interface may be the best I've seen, and they give you 5GB of free space. As a comparison, EZArchive charged about $60/year for 5GB. (And BOX.net only gives you 1GB for free.) So that's a couple points in their favor. I'm not sure how the link setup will work, though, so give them a shot and let me know if you have any problems.

"All Over Town"
"Jeffrey"

Edited to add: Looks like XDrive only lets you download the songs, and not stream them. That's too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home