Saturday, October 14, 2006

Portastatic @ Mercury Lounge, NYC [10/13/06]

Portastatic, "I'm In Love (With Arthur Dove)" (from Be Still Please, BUY)
Portastatic, "I Wanna Know Girls" (from Bright Ideas, BUY)

Great show from Portastatic last night. They played a bunch of songs from the new Be Still Please album, as well as a number of older songs ("Polaroid", "Naked Pilseners", "White Waves"), and even a cover of Guided by Voices' "Smothered in Hugs". I've never been disappointed by a Mac show, be it Portastatic or Superchunk, and last night was no exception. If I didn't have tickets to Okkervil River, I'd be at Portastatic's show at Maxwell's in Hoboken tonight. Tickets are still available, kids, so go!

Also, be sure to head over to Chromewaves ASAP to download their MP3 of the week - Portstatic covering GBV's "Echos Myron". Awesome. It comes down at the end of the week, so don't dilly dally.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home