Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Meet Memphis

Memphis is a Canadian band featuring members of Stars (lead singer Torquil Campbell), Metric and the Sam Roberts Band. Apparently they've been together a couple of years already, however I didn't hear about them until this morning. Better late than never, I guess. The band recently released its second album, A Little Place in the Wilderness, and what I've heard so far is fantastic.

Memphis, "I'll Do Whatever You Want"

The band is also streaming two other songs at its website, including my favorite of their songs so far, "I Dreamed We Fell Apart". Check it out.

The album is due for a release in the US in early 2007, hopefully with a US tour to follow. If you can't wait that long, you can order the album from Amazon Canada here. Highly recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home