Saturday, October 28, 2006

Frames Update

Billboard has a nice article up about The Frames and their new album, The Cost. There's a bunch of new information that I hadn't heard, including that:

(1) The album new was recorded entirely live, meaning that any time someone screwed up, they had to start over again. Considering how great the band is live, I'm surprised they'd never done this before. And, personally, I think the album sounds fantastic.

(2) The band will have a DVD set available early next year, which will include a live performance from Dublin last fall, as well as a special recording of the band performing The Cost in its entirety. They're actually recording the latter part this weekend in their studio in Dublin.

(3) After the band's European tour next month, Glen will be returning to the U.S. to play a number of solo shows opening for Damien Rice. That's a show I'm gonna have to catch. Damien's new website launches on November 3rd, so I'm guessing we'll get those tour dates sometime soon. Hopefully Glen and Damien will play some of the songs they wrote together last year.

(4) The Frames will be playing SXSW. If I wasn't already planning on going, I am now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home