Tuesday, October 31, 2006

eMusic's Subscription Plans Changing

If you haven't signed up for eMusic yet (and seriously, why haven't you?), now is the time to do it. On November 21st, their subscription plans are changing, and you won't be getting as good a deal. If you join before November 21st, you get grandfathered in at the old rates. Check the comparison:

The current plans
$9.99 for 40 downloads/month
$14.99 for 65 downloads/month
$19.99 for 90 downloads/month

The new plans
$9.99 for 30 downloads/month
$14.99 for 50 downloads/month
$19.99 for 75 downloads/month

If you buy a lot of indie CDs, you should definitely consider joining. eMusic has a great back catalog, and continues to get new albums all the time. Even though I prefer having physical CDs, I gotta say that eMusic is making me more and more comfortable with the whole downloading thing. The amount of money I'm saving is amazing, and I'm legitimately purchasing the music and paying artists and songwriters their royalties. It's a win-win.

Be assured, I'm not getting any kickbacks for pushing eMusic. I just really like the service, and enjoy saving some money so I can go to more concerts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home