Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Damien Rice Hitting LA and NY

Even though he likely won't embark on a full U.S. tour until 2007, Damien Rice has announced that he will be playing two shows next month to celebrate the release of his new album, 9:

11/13: Los Angeles (El Rey)
11/16: New York (Hiro Ballroom)

Tickets aren't on sale yet, but keep an eye on Damien's website over the next day or so for info.

Even though I haven't listened to it in a while, I was a huge fan of Damien's debut album, O, when it first came out, and I managed to see him live 5 or 6 times during 2003 and 2004. Damien and his band (including the lovely and talented Lisa Hannigan) put on an incredible live show. If you can go to either of these shows, I urge you to do so.

Unfortunately, I won't be at the show, given that 3 of my favorite artists in the world have all decided to play New York on the same night. The Twilight Singers are playing at Warsaw in Brooklyn. Damien's playing Hiro Ballroom. And a reunited Superchunk is playing Irving Plaza for the Daily Show 10th Anniversary show (with Clem Snide). That's where I'll be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home