Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Battle for My CMJ Soul

Or something like that...

While most of my CMJ schedule was pretty easy to decide this year (my only difficult choice was to skip The Decemberists at Hammerstein so I could catch the Merge Records showcase at Knitting Factory), a battle appears to be brewing for my Saturday afternoon affections.

First, a couple of days ago, Underrated Magazine announced its Saturday afternoon party at Sin-e featuring Ra Ra Riot, Birdmonster, Division Day and The Head Set.

Now comes word that Brooklyn Vegan's Saturday afternoon party at The Annex will feature Silversun Pickups, The Big Sleep, Tokyo Police Club, Elvis Perkins, Annuals, White Whale and Takaa Takka.

Holy crap. Which way to go? Underrated's party is $8, and Brooklyn Vegan is free. While free is good, it's also likely to lead to a veeeeeery crowded party.

Decisions, decisions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home