Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday On-Sales

Sorry I'm late on this today... work. Not a huge list of stuff, but a few interesting things.

Tickets for Lucero's show at the Bowery, on Sunday, 11/12, are finally on sale. Still no Robert Pollard for the next night, though.

Recent Astralwerks signees The Little Ones have been added as
openers for two of the three Gomez shows at Bowery. Tickets are still available. They're also a redonkulous** $27 a pop. I don't particularly like Gomez, and I certainly don't like them $27 worth. Nor am I paying $27 to see the Little Ones for 35 minutes. I'll have to hold out hope that they add a Pianos show or something.

Buckcherry is playing the Bowery on Thursday, October 26th. Remember Buckcherry? They were the band that was supposed to be the “next Guns n’ Roses”. Then they were the band whose lead singer was going to be chosen by Velvet Revolver as their lead singer. Now they’re just a crappy band that's being sued for allegedly coercing an underage girl to get naked in a music video by giving her alcohol. Rock and roll. This may be the first ever Bowery show where women in the audience flash.

Oh, and finally, that not-so-super-secret Killers show at Bowery Webster Hall this Friday still isn't sold out as I write this. Granted, it went on sale a little over an hour ago, but still... Maybe their audience is primarily Jewish? (Friday night's a Jewish holiday.) Doubtful. Anyway, if you're into self-torture, go buy yourself a ticket.

** = I've stolen my new favorite word from Jax. I hope she doesn't mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home