Monday, September 25, 2006

Trail of Dead Cover GBV

Aversion.com reports that the new album from ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of The Dead, entitled So Divided, will be released on November 14th via Interscope Records. That's three days after I'm seeing them at Irving Plaza, so I hope the album leaks ahead of time so I'm somewhat familiar with the new songs.

One song on the album that I don't need to become familiar with is "Gold Heart Mountain Top Queen Directory". That's right - Trail of Dead are covering Guided by Voices. And it's the fifth track on the album, so it's not like this is some random b-side. Odd.

1 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard the new TOD cover version .It has Brothers and Sisters singing the harmonies. Its really, really good. It takes the lo-fi version by GBV and gives it the epic treatment it deserves. I know some of the guys and have heard the CD. The whole thing is so good! I wish I could be at that show. Conrad plays piano and sings with B&S, too, so get there early!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home