Friday, September 29, 2006

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah @ Central Park Summerstage [9/28/06]

This will be a short post. No pictures right now, and maybe not at all. I wasn't inspired to take many.

I feel like I threw $40 down the toilet last night. Opener Architecture in Helsinki were 20 times worse than I thought they'd be, and I expected them to be bad. The morning after, I'm still astounded that this is a band that's gotten a ton of buzz over the last year. Simply put, they may be the worst band I've ever sat through in my life, and I'm including Endless Boogie. Speaking of endless, they played for an hour. What business does an opening band, let alone one that suuuuuuuuuuucks, have playing for an hour? None, thank you.

As for headliner Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, well, they weren't awful. I really like their album and I thought they put on a fantastic show back in April at Bowery Ballroom. Last night, however, I was bored. Maybe it's the fact that we're hearing the same songs after 2 years, maybe it was the bad sound mix, maybe it was the completely unnecessary between-song musical "interludes", and maybe it was just that the band seemed kinda bored themselves. Whatever it was, I left early, which I never do. I figured I'd feel guilty about leaving, but I don't. In fact, I kinda wish I'd left earlier. Oh well.

I'm sure the Long Winters will be much, much better tonight.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there too. I could see how people who heard them for the first time wouldn't like AIH, they need to grow on you a bit. If you listen to their album a few times you probably will like them, and may be infected by them as many I know with great taste in music are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home