Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I Admit It... Sometimes I'm Wrong

When I first heard of the band Margot and the Nuclear So & So's on WOXY.com at the beginning of this year, I disliked them right away. Not really sure why - I think it was the name. Then, the band played a Lounge Act on WOXY, and the song or two I heard I really, really disliked. Again, I don't really know why. Likely I was just predisposed to dislike them at that point.

Then, around April of this year, one of the many great blogs out there (can't remember which), posted an MP3 of the band's song Skeleton Key, and I fell in love. I bought the band's debut album, The Dust of Retreat, and it will almost certainly make my top 10 of the year (it was originally released in 2005, but re-released this year). I can't say enough about how beautiful the album is.

Now comes news that the band's next album, Holy Cow!, is due out in January, and My Old Kentucky Blog has MP3s of three songs likely to be on the album. Two songs are demos, and one is a live track. And they're fantastic. Go now.

Oh, and catch the band for FREE on Sunday, September 17th at Time Out New York's Back to School Blowout.

Buy The Dust of Retreat.
Listen to songs (including "Skeleton Key") at MySpace.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

In case you missed it, I've got a live Margot & the NSSs set up for grabs (which includes As Tall As Cliffs)...

http://www.bradleysalmanac.com/2006/05/mp3s-margot-nuclear-so-and-sos-in.htm

I'll probably be removing it within the next week or so, so I thought I'd let you know before I do...

love yer blog,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home