Friday, August 25, 2006

Frames Update

Yeah, I know I write about these guys a lot. But guess what? They’re that good. Besides, isn’t it nice to hear me say nice things about a band, rather than spending my time ripping on bands/artists I don’t like? (Panic at the Disco, Priestess, Good Charlotte, the Doodlebops, etc.)

Onto the news, via the band's latest newsletter:

The new album, The Cost, is out in Ireland next month (9/22), and will follow in the rest of the world in February 2007. The delay gives them (and their labels) time to work the album up-front, which they don't exactly need in Ireland, where they are huuuuuuuuge.

Tracklisting for The Cost:

Song for Someone
Falling Slowly
People Get Ready
Rise
When Your Mind's Made Up
Sad Songs
The Cost
True
The Side You Never Get to See
Bad Bone.

Glen is streaming two songs on one of his MySpace pages.

Then there's also the CD single coming out that I mentioned earlier this week. For those concerned, the song on the single called "No More I Love Yous" is not a Eurythmics cover. We can all breathe again.

The band tours Ireland in Sept/Oct. Glen then tours the US in support of his solo disc in October. The band then tours on and off in Europe in November and February.

Then, barring unforeseen circumstances, the band will come back West for a full US/Canadian tour in April/May of next year. Yes, it's a way off, but there's nothing stopping me from jumping a plane to Europe.. Oh, and the band also expects to play at next year's SXSW too. Yet another reason to book my flight now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home