Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Brokedown Sign to Merge

From Aversion.com comes news that one of my favorite young bands, The Brokedown, has signed to one of my favorite labels, Merge. I gotta say, this is one the best pieces of music news I've heard this year - a great band hooking up with a great label. Good luck to everyone involved!

The band will be releasing its debut full-length LP, I Can't Go On, I'll Go On, on January 27, 2007.

If you missed it when I posted several songs earlier this year, do yourself a favor and check out a couple songs from the band's The Dutchman's Gold EP, which you can buy here:

The Brokedown, "Down In the Valley"
The Brokedown, "Sparks"

Oh, and even better news for those of us here in New York - according to Merge, the band will be making their official Merge "debut" at Merge's CMJ Showcase in early November. Can't freakin' wait.

Edited to add: Get over to the band's MySpace page and take a listen to a rough mix of a new song from the band called "So It Goes". Holy crap is it good.

Edited again! Another new song, "On the Bubble", can be found over at Six Eyes, together with a brief interview with the band's singer/songwriter, Ross Flournoy.

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy krikey, these guys are great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home