Monday, August 14, 2006

AOL Roundup (Week of August 14)

I've fallen off a bit lately in keeping up with AOL's weekly offerings. Good thing I remembered to do it this week, because they gots some Paris Hilton goins ons. It's as close as you can get to her without picking up herpes.

Paris Hilton, Paris
Yanni, Yanni Live
The Sex Pistols, Spunk
Bernard Fanning, Tea and Sympathy (AOL compares him to Ryan Adams... will have to check him out)
Grand Funk Railroad, Greatest Hits (Nope, it's not a 60-minute loop of "We're An American Band"... a shame)
The Damnwells, Air Stereo

By the way, I'm listening to the new Decemberists disc now, which seems to have leaked to all the usual places (that's where I found it), and I gotta say, any concern of major label "sellout" can go out the window. I'm halfway through song 2 ("The Island, Come and See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel the Drowning" - yep, apparently all part of the song's title) and I'm getting serious Genesis/King Crimson undertones here. And, fuck it all, I'm an old school Genesis fan, and I likey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home