Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Weezer Done??!?

Rolling Stone reports (yeah, I'm as surprised as you) that dork-rock kings Weezer may be hanging it up. According to RS:

Cuomo has announced that Weezer are “done for now,” with no plans to record again. But Cuomo’s stayed busy: Currently living in Japan, he’s working on a batch of songs “for no one in particular,” including one about his favorite records, and – how’s this for random? – one about the U.S. World Cup soccer team.
I can't say this really upsets me. While I still consider myself a fan of the band, I absolutely abhorred the last album, and didn't get much out of Maladroit either. That said, I'm one of the few people who really liked the Green Album.

Too bad Rivers wasn't living in Japan last year -- we coulda hung out drank us some Suntory Malts.

1 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i absolutly loved weezer. when make beleive came out i was a little dissapointed in the turnout. it was not that great. my friends and i are very sad about weezer but they really haven't been doing that great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home